Nikon Instruments Announces the New Mi Macro Imaging Station for Digital Pathology
Nikon’s New Digital Pathology Tool Provides Pathologists an Intuitive Means for Maximizing Information During the Imaging of Gross Specimens
MELVILLE, N.Y., March 22, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Nikon Instruments, Inc. (www.nikoninstruments.com) today announced its newest product in the digital pathology market, the Mi macro imaging grossing station. The Mi revolutionizes gross histology documentation by addressing the workflow necessary to cleanly and safely capture, annotate, compare and measure images of biopsied gross specimens in the pathology, histology and forensic lab. The Mi offers a stable, versatile, contamination-free imaging station which is simple to operate via touch-screen or foot-pedal. Creating an invaluable source of reference, gross tissue images can enhance the interpretation and understanding of subsequent tissue sections and provide the first step in capturing an entire pathology case history.
Images produced by the Mi can be saved for use in case records, Laboratory Information Systems (LIS), as part of an audit trail, and for annotation and use in downstream analyses and applications. Telepathology applications are available to assist in histology specimen preparation.
The Mi macro imaging station was designed specifically for easy integration with existing workspaces and procedures, and simplifies the work of pathologists. Key attributes include:
* LED lighting: The Mi’s integral overhead LED illuminates the specimen to create bright, sharp images with perfect detail. Cool LED lighting also ensures that specimens will not be damaged by heat.
* Ease of use: Users do not need to have any expertise in photography for successful imaging, which makes the Mi ideal for busy, multi-user labs. With an intuitive software graphical user interface (GUI), straightforward operating options, such as “lighter,” “darker,” and “closer,” as well as push button operation, image acquisition is made simple, no matter the scientist’s skill level with digital imaging.
* Top quality camera: The Mi comes equipped with a fully enclosed, top quality Nikon DS-Fi1 digital camera with motorized lens for high-resolution imaging. Users can select either standard or publication quality images, as required.
* Reduced risk of contamination: The water- and splash-resistant workstation surfaces, keyboard, mouse, and touch-screen PC all are designed to be wiped clean after use. Additional hygienic precautions were taken by removing the need to touch the camera during operation, with the option to carry out functions via a choice of touch-screen, key board, mouse, foot-pedal, or barcode reader.
* Choice of PC: The Mi can be supplied with the standard recommended touch-screen PC, network PC or, if preferred, can be used with the laboratory’s own PC and network system without compromising function.
* Pathology-focused software: Dedicated pathology-focused Mi software can be integrated with Nikon’s NIS-Elements Documentation (D) software to bring all aspects of the digital pathology imaging environment together. Simple menu options enable rapid image capture and annotation, live comparison, object measurement and counting, and database functions to maximize information from images.
Allison Forlenza, Microscopy Product Specialist for Nikon Instruments, says, “The Mi macro imaging station provides pathologists, histologists, and forensic scientists, an intuitive, effective tool for complete documentation. We are excited to release this system in time for USCAP and hearing from these scientists about the productivity they can accomplish with this easy to use system.”
The Nikon Mi macro imaging station will be available for purchase in April 2010.
ABOUT NIKON INSTRUMENTS INC.
Nikon Instruments Inc. is a world leader in the development and manufacture of optical and digital imaging technology for biomedical and industrial applications. Now in its 92nd year, Nikon provides complete optical systems that offer optimal versatility, performance and productivity. Cutting-edge instruments include microscopes, precision measuring equipment, digital imaging products and software. Nikon Instruments is the microscopy and digital imaging arm of Nikon Inc., the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology. Product-related inquiries may be directed to Nikon Instruments at 800-52-NIKON.
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/516b76019f18322d8d3a9ddc96987741.jpg300350Ottermediahttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngOttermedia2017-01-17 10:44:242017-01-17 10:44:24Andor launches KOMET 7 – The most advanced and powerful software solution for analysis, data management and presentation of comet assay samples
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/543ba9c56fe57e856dc7f252e2ebd3ba.jpg466350Ottermediahttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngOttermedia2017-01-17 10:43:462017-01-17 10:43:46Advanced Thin Films Enters Medical Laser Optics Market
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/7423894303b540804bd4b9ded95ac7a1.jpg228350otmarohttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngotmaro2017-01-17 10:43:332017-01-17 10:43:33Module transforms Raman microscopes into high throughput chemical analyzers
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ca9ed333736eb38ce4abbffcee37be60.jpg260350otmarohttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngotmaro2017-01-17 10:42:462017-01-17 10:42:46Motic Microscopes launches the new BA410E for biomedical applications
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2ed54dfbb5613dc8894327c8185309c1.jpg175350Ottermediahttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngOttermedia2017-01-17 10:42:442017-01-17 10:42:44R&D 100 Award 2014 for ZEISS ELYRA P.1 with 3D-PALM
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/944a198042025732e6e8fb5a715d48c5.jpg243350otmarohttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngotmaro2017-01-17 10:41:572017-01-17 10:41:57Motic Microscopes presents the new AE31E for microbiology
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/3725b94ba62d8e2205f5f20b3cdee1ee.jpg463350Ottermediahttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngOttermedia2017-01-17 10:41:372017-01-17 10:41:37CRAIC Technologies Website: A Resource for UV-Visible-NIR and Raman Microspectroscopy
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1affabb625a5c37519bafa89fedc162e.jpg86350otmarohttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngotmaro2017-01-17 10:41:102017-01-17 10:41:10Imaging companies in Europe shoulder-to-shoulder with life scientists
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/341633931c01418c4fa8e0a90a8236d4.jpg139350otmarohttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngotmaro2017-01-17 10:39:052017-01-17 10:39:05XIMEA unveils Thunderbolt™ 2 high speed cameras with IMX174 and CMV20000
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/22b06d4094468fc910406cd44d96ec1f.jpg181350Ottermediahttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngOttermedia2017-01-17 10:37:192017-01-17 10:37:19Dolomite´s new microfluidic system showcases droplet merging at nanoliter sample scale
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/a5d0c77f7619812a129b2a4e6a9cb90b.jpg234350otmarohttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngotmaro2017-01-17 10:36:522017-01-17 10:36:52Point Grey´s Latest Blackfly® GigE PoE Camera Features Popular High Sensitivity VGA CCD
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/a77db128b10a613c26b9e4dbea5dae02.jpg220350Ottermediahttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngOttermedia2017-01-17 10:36:392017-01-17 10:36:39Point Grey Launches New Grasshopper®3 Family of High Resolution GigE Vision™ PoE Cameras