Belfast, November 11, 2009 – Creating online tests can be complicated and time-consuming. i-Path’s new product PathXL OLT, an online wizard, makes the design and creation of online tests, for any number of students, quick and easy. Once the test is up and running, i-Path provides continuous support to ensure the tests run seamlessly. PathXL OLT allows users to:
• Create, edit and publish content online
• Run online tests, no need for local hardware or software downloads
• Manage users and allocate access rights
• Use a range of question types – MCQs, EMSQs, Free Text, Mark the Slide
• Use a variety of image formats or documents e.g. digital slides, JPEGs, PDFs
• Control time limits and assessment dates
• Store test results centrally
• Analyse and present test results Sample question from the recent EAPCP proficiency test
The i-Path software team is experienced in developing online education and assessment systems, particularly from work with the University of Geissen in Germany and Queen’s University Belfast. An early release of the system was used to successfully create Multiple Choice Question assessments for a 50 person 3rd year medical course studying bladder cancer histopathology at QUB.
PathXL OLT designer, Fiona Brown PhD says “this Online Testing system provides unique facilities for digital slide-based education and training, making it easy for users to build question banks, and allowing user interaction with digital slides. We are excited by the number of possible applications for PathXL OLT, already we are planning to use it in TMA evaluation, tissue scoring and External Quality Assurance (EQA) programs”.
About i-Path Diagnostics Ltd
i-Path Diagnostics Ltd has grown out of a research group within Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland. The company has developed software products which facilitate education, training and research in the medical, biological and pharmaceutical sectors through the use of virtual microscopy. i-Path maintains a particularly strong interest in the use of virtual microscopy in educational institutions; we have customers in Universities and Teaching Hospitals across Europe.
Key features of i-Path’s Service
• Remote access to virtual slides from anywhere in the world
• Sophisticated web based software for the comprehensive management of virtual slides, users, accounts, metadata, etc. Provides a content management system to allow authoring of content as well as optional virtual slide catalogues
• i-Path’s PathXL solution is entirely web-based with no downloads to the client machine – works on all sorts of platforms (PC, MAC, etc) via a web interface
• Centralised hosted services on high performance server cluster, if required – removing the need for internal IT management of hardware. Deployed server option also available for internal integration of virtual slide management
• Can support a range of scanning devices including Aperio, Hamamatsu and Zeiss
• Company provides customised solutions to match the exact need of users of virtual microscopy – strong reputation for excellent customer service and support
To the educational market, we offer a suite of products that includes
• InView™; e-Learning materials and high quality educational content in pathology based on virtual microscopy
• PathXL™; an on-line content management and authoring platform for a range of virtual microscopy applications.
• PathXL OLT, an Online Testing wizard, providing educational organisations with a cost effective way of testing large numbers of trainees.
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/516b76019f18322d8d3a9ddc96987741.jpg300350Ottermediahttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngOttermedia2017-01-17 10:44:242017-01-17 10:44:24Andor launches KOMET 7 – The most advanced and powerful software solution for analysis, data management and presentation of comet assay samples
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/543ba9c56fe57e856dc7f252e2ebd3ba.jpg466350Ottermediahttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngOttermedia2017-01-17 10:43:462017-01-17 10:43:46Advanced Thin Films Enters Medical Laser Optics Market
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/7423894303b540804bd4b9ded95ac7a1.jpg228350otmarohttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngotmaro2017-01-17 10:43:332017-01-17 10:43:33Module transforms Raman microscopes into high throughput chemical analyzers
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ca9ed333736eb38ce4abbffcee37be60.jpg260350otmarohttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngotmaro2017-01-17 10:42:462017-01-17 10:42:46Motic Microscopes launches the new BA410E for biomedical applications
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2ed54dfbb5613dc8894327c8185309c1.jpg175350Ottermediahttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngOttermedia2017-01-17 10:42:442017-01-17 10:42:44R&D 100 Award 2014 for ZEISS ELYRA P.1 with 3D-PALM
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/944a198042025732e6e8fb5a715d48c5.jpg243350otmarohttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngotmaro2017-01-17 10:41:572017-01-17 10:41:57Motic Microscopes presents the new AE31E for microbiology
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/3725b94ba62d8e2205f5f20b3cdee1ee.jpg463350Ottermediahttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngOttermedia2017-01-17 10:41:372017-01-17 10:41:37CRAIC Technologies Website: A Resource for UV-Visible-NIR and Raman Microspectroscopy
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1affabb625a5c37519bafa89fedc162e.jpg86350otmarohttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngotmaro2017-01-17 10:41:102017-01-17 10:41:10Imaging companies in Europe shoulder-to-shoulder with life scientists
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/341633931c01418c4fa8e0a90a8236d4.jpg139350otmarohttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngotmaro2017-01-17 10:39:052017-01-17 10:39:05XIMEA unveils Thunderbolt™ 2 high speed cameras with IMX174 and CMV20000
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/22b06d4094468fc910406cd44d96ec1f.jpg181350Ottermediahttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngOttermedia2017-01-17 10:37:192017-01-17 10:37:19Dolomite´s new microfluidic system showcases droplet merging at nanoliter sample scale
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/a5d0c77f7619812a129b2a4e6a9cb90b.jpg234350otmarohttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngotmaro2017-01-17 10:36:522017-01-17 10:36:52Point Grey´s Latest Blackfly® GigE PoE Camera Features Popular High Sensitivity VGA CCD
https://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/a77db128b10a613c26b9e4dbea5dae02.jpg220350Ottermediahttps://microscopy-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Microscopy-news_logo_microscope_news.pngOttermedia2017-01-17 10:36:392017-01-17 10:36:39Point Grey Launches New Grasshopper®3 Family of High Resolution GigE Vision™ PoE Cameras